GoodPDF Limited grants you a non-exclusive license to use the GoodPDF software, subject to the terms of this Agreement.
You may do the following:
1. You may use GoodPDF only for evaluation purposes. If you continue to use GoodPDF for more than 7 days, you MUST purchase a license number. Purchase of license number(s) absolves you of this condition for the number of copies specified in your receipt.
2. You may install and use GoodPDF on any computer used primarily by you (for example, work and home computers or desktop and laptop computers). You may not share GoodPDF or use it concurrently on different computers.
3. You may make backup copies of GoodPDF, provided that you retain possession of your originals and your copies. Each copy shall include in readable format any and all proprietary and copyright notices contained on the original.
4. You may distribute copies of the GoodPDF disk image or post them on a public server, provided these are unaltered copies of the then latest version of the GoodPDF disk image obtained directly from GoodPDF Limited.
5. You may transfer all your rights to use GoodPDF to another person or legal entity provided that you transfer this Agreement, that the recipient accept the terms of this Agreement, and that you transfer any license number(s) and all copies and versions of GoodPDF. You must not retain any copies of GoodPDF.
You may not do the following, as GoodPDF is the property of GoodPDF Limited:
1. Sell, sublicense, rent, lease, or lend GoodPDF.
2. Disclose your purchased GoodPDF license number(s) to anyone other than GoodPDF Limited.
3. Modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or make any attempt to discover the source code of GoodPDF.
4. Use GoodPDF for purposes other than authorized in this License Agreement.
You agree to use all reasonable efforts to ensure that persons employed by you or under your direction and control abide by the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement. In the event you become aware that GoodPDF is being used by such persons in a manner not authorized by this License Agreement, you shall immediately notify GoodPDF Limited in writing of such facts and you shall immediately use all reasonable efforts to have such unauthorized use of the GoodPDF immediately cease, and to recover any copies of GoodPDF that were made in violation of this License Agreement.
GoodPDF and its component parts are protected by Copyright and other proprietary rights of GoodPDF Limited and one or more third party software vendors. You may be held directly responsible by such vendors for acts relating to the Product's component parts that are not authorized by this License Agreement. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive all claims and causes of action against such third party software vendors that arise under this Agreement or in connection with your use of, or inability to use GoodPDF or its components. No such third party software vendors will have any liability of any kind to you in connection with any such claims or causes of action.
GoodPDF Limited warrants that for days after purchase of license number(s) GoodPDF will perform in substantial accordance with its documentation.
There are no other warranties or conditions, express or implied, and GoodPDF Limited DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, regardless of whether we know or had reason to know of your particular needs. No employee, agent, dealer or distributor of ours is authorized to modify this limited warranty, nor to make any additional warranties.
Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy for breach of the foregoing warranty shall be to return the price you paid for your license number(s).
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (EVEN IF WE OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
The following general terms apply:
1. This agreement takes effect upon your use of the software and remains in effect until terminated. You may terminate this agreement by destroying all copies of GoodPDF and any license number(s) in your possession. This license terminates automatically if you fail to comply with any term or condition. You agree on termination of this license to destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation in your possession.
2. This written license agreement is the exclusive agreement between you and us concerning the Software and Documentation and supersedes any prior purchase order, communication, advertising or representation concerning the Software.
3. This license agreement may be modified only by a writing signed by you and us.
4. In the event of litigation between you and us concerning the Software or Documentation, the prevailing party in the litigation will be entitled to recover attorney fees and expenses from the other party.
5. This license agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California.
6. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions or regulations.
7. U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. This Section 7 applies to all acquisitions of the Product by or for the federal government, or by any prime contractor or subcontractor (at any tier) under any contract, grant, cooperative agreement or other activity with the federal government. By accepting delivery of the Product, the government hereby agrees that the Product qualifies as "commercial" computer software within the meaning of the acquisition regulation(s) applicable to this procurement. The terms and conditions of this End User Agreement shall pertain to the government's use and disclosure of the Product, and shall supersede any conflicting contractual terms or conditions. If this End User Agreement fails to meet the government's needs or is inconsistent in any respect with Federal law, the government agrees to return the Product, unused. The following additional statement applies only to acquisitions governed by DFARS Subpart 227.4 (October 1988): "Restricted Rights – Use, duplication and disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 (OCT. 1988)."